Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mofa - my speed drug of choice.



For some it’s a Porsche, a Mercedes or an Alfa Romeo, for others a Harley, Ducati, or Suzuki.  Still others might choose a Daws Horizon or Surly Long Haul.  Well lads you can keep the whole dam lot of them - I´ve got my Mofa now!

For the uncool who don´t know; Mofa is short for Motorfahrrad - bike with motor, known in some parts as a moped.  However you call it, for someone with driving ´issues´, it´s perfect!   With a mofa you are allowed to travel on bike paths, and, you do not need a license. - Hooray, no driving tests in Germany.  AND … it goes at a whole 25 miles an hour! 

Mofas are not easy to locate, new or second hand.  But Herbert Husband, after much time and effort, God bless him, found me a mofa in the Black Forest!  (Yes, same Black Forest as in the gateaux). 


So last Wednesday H. H. and self set off over the Black Forest hills, to collect the little mofa. Below see photographs of the exciting adventure of me and my new mofa - Which is, as of this weekend, officially known as Fräulein Easy Rider.  ....Er... the mofa I mean, not the mofa rider!  


I know, I know there are far too many photographs, but I can´t help myself; I am so ridiculously thrilled with my new mofa, that I have to share the joy - whether you want it or not!   Please note, on this the diamond jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, the most regal of waves in the second photograph.  That and driving my mofa at the same time. And, on my very lesson with the mofa too, I´ll have you know!




















The very first time I was on a trip on my mofa, I was able to drive it right in and park it in the garage.  Very proud of that I am!  

I wish you, dear reader, a week of many happy spins - or a little bit of whatever it is that  makes you ridiculously happy yourself!

To leave a comment: hausfrauroisin@gmail.com
A blog reader commented they would like to leave a comment, but don´t want to sign up with Google.  Should you care to leave a comment, you can email me at HausfrauRoisin@gmail.com.  I won´t share, sell or use your e-address - promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment