Sunday, May 13, 2018

A little bit of heaven in a little corner of the Bodensee - that´s Lake Konstanz to the rest of you!

Mainau Island is, as I  have said, a  little bit of heaven in a little corner of the Bodensee.

To our great good fortune in this region, this beautiful island is open to the public - at a hefty price I must add.

But when you see the pictures below, you can understand the entry fee of €21.00 during the day - half the price from 5.00 p.m. until sun down.

There is nothing I can say to improve on the beautiful photos below. - So I won´t.  Do enjoy.










































































































































































































































































Well I did not lie did I when I said the island was beautiful!

Each season and time of year has a vast array of different flowers and plants. The tulip walk  in the spring, above, is one of my favorite places on the island.

If you want to find out more about the island check out:
https://www.mainau.de/de/opening-hours-prices.html

No comments:

Post a Comment