Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And what about Sally Field!

I have a big fat bee in my bonnet  that two time Oscar winner Sally field does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  And you know what, I sat and wrote to people to DO something about it.  I wrote to the L.A. Times and of course I wrote to Oprah!  Alas nobody came to Sally’s aid with her star catching.  Below is one letter I wrote to a Perez Hilton re. same…
  
Dear Mr. Hilton,                                              

     In my wildest imaginings I am constantly being mistaken for Charlize Theron.  In my wildest imaginings I am a guest on the Oprah Show, (for what reason I  have yet to work out); I am accepted as a member of MENSA; I holiday at the Ritz Paris, a lá Audrey Hepburn, and me wearing her beautiful clothes to boot (or should I say to elegant high heel in this instance).  

Yes and  in my wildest imagining that’s me right there along side Bono, Concern, Bill and Melissa making the world a better place.  But, never never never in my wildest imaginings did I think I would be writing to you, Mr. Perez Hilton, on any topic -  never mind the topic of making the world a better place (albeit a teeny teeny tiny bit better, - with no disrespect to the great work of Concern, Bono, Bill, Melissa et al).



But here I am.  And 'how can I make the world a better place' you might be asking:  Get Sally Field her Star on the Hollywood walk of Fame - that's how!



Here I live in the boondocks of Europe, albeit heavenly boondocks on Lake Konstanz, in the south of Germany, but boondocks none the less.  And there I was reading our local paper, the Südkurier, and there didn't they have a fine big article on YOU - a good 1/4 page spread you will be delighted to hear.   (And there I used to think Perez Hilton was from the Spanish side of the Hilton clan, silly me).  Zero to Fabulous in less than 3 years  - "good for Mr. Hilton said I to myself"  


Then I read on in the same newspaper (all in German mark you, something I am shamelessly proud of), that Mr. Colin Firth was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  Now I am delighted to hear Mr. Firth was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and clearly he was most gracious in his acceptance of this honor. However, I am sure I am not the only person, who, not for the first time, stopped and said:  '...And what about Sally Field!"

Two time Oscar winner Ms. Field was already making movies before Mr. Firth was out of diapers.  She won her first Oscar in 1979 when another Hollywood 'star' recipient Ryan Seacrest*, was only five.    Yes, let me repeat that: Ryan Seacrest has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, Sally Field does not!  



Every decade since the 1960’s Ms. Field has played memorable roles - some, like me for example, might say iconic roles, in Movies or on Television.  It is more than about time that a star of Sally Field's caliber was recognized on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  -  And I am sure the now all grown up** Mr. Firth would concur! 



Now this is where the FABULOUS Mr. Hilton comes into play.  (Yes, blatant groveling, I know, but I have a job to do here).


I understand for everyone who has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, some person or organization must pay 'the COMMITTEE' a bribe... opps I mean a fee of $25,000.  Zero to Fabulous in less than 3 years would certainly indicate a readership of say 25,000 plus, right.    May I suggest to you Mr. Hilton, you  would do the world, and indeed your self, a favor if you were to suggest to your readers that if each and every one contributed one dollar to the 'Get Sally a Star' fund, in two weeks you would have the fee required to enable Ms. Field to have her star. 


I have no doubt Messer Brosnan, Hanks, Reynolds, and Williams et al would offer their support too.  Perhaps even the gracious Mr. Firth too!

What do you think, can we make the world a teeny teeny tiny bit a better place by getting Sally Field her long long LONG overdue star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  Yes we can!  We can make it so that Sally can’t deny the fact, that we like her, right now, we like her!


Yours sincerely, 



..... aka Hausfrau Roisin                             February, 2011

      Lake Konstanz
      Germany

* Some of your readership may not recall any memorable roles Mr. Seacrest played. Assure them that they really really don't need to worry about this.

** Although Mr. Firth is all grown up chronologically, the fact that he has been sighted in public wearing high heel shoes and white sequined spandex bell bottoms with lace gussets, that no one, but no one, without a Swedish sounding name should ever been seen dead in, never mind in public in, might cause one to question, (along side the above mentioned Mr. Brosnan), Mr. Firth's level of maturity. 
 - True the same could be said for wearing a veil shaped like a rocket ship, but as Ms. Field was barely out of her teens at the time, it could be genuinely considered 'a youthful indiscretion'.  And besides - she was a ‘Flying Nun’!  

1 comment:

  1. oh Roe, won't it be wonderful when your 'followers' past the '2' mark..... ahhhhhhh ...

    ReplyDelete