Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It All Started with a Turkey Sandwich.




Dear Diary,   

So there I was sitting out in the park eating a yummy turkey sandwich enjoying this lovely spring weather by Lake Konstanz.   It put me to thinking of the last time I was eating a yummy turkey sandwich in sylvan surrounds - and how that time I ended up being a big huge star  on Sesame Street! 

Yep.   In New York City.  In Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City, Queens.  There I was enjoying my turkey sandwich and the view of Manhattan,  just wallowing in the happy of it all,  when I noticed the film crew in action.  I asked what was going on, and where could I inquire about being an extra etc etc. It turned out they needed people NOW! 

I had a great, fun conversation with Murray the Word Monster, who, as all well informed under 2's know, loves asking people the meaning of words.  

See attached, photos of my exciting 15 seconds of fame.  More precisely my  0.15 seconds of fame.  

More facts.  

- They could not say when the segment would be aired, so I would ask the under 2's who might be reading the Hausfrau diaries  (....Wowwwy gifted kids),  to keep me posted.

- There were three adults being filmed, and about 5 kids.  We adults were all so excited to be on Sesame Street, but for the kids it was no big deal at all....

- The African American woman in the pictures has a 2 yr old daughter who has an Irish great great (yes, two greats there) grandmother called McGuinness.  Unfortunately due to our 'filiming schedules'  I did not get to hear  more about where great great Grandma lives or what county she is from...






- No, the exotic slightly dressed biker ladies in white were not on Sesame Street.  This photo is included as an homage to New York City; I was out on the same piers in Gantry Park two days later and this photo shot was going on.  "Don't you just got to love New York" as the 8 million odd N.Y.C. locals might say.  FYI: DonDiva is the name of the publication the motorbike loving ladies were posing for.

It is amazing what you see, hear, experience and enjoy out picking weeds with the Friends of Gantry Park group.  And people think we are only out there to pull weeds and hug trees. I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment