Tuesday, July 3, 2012

So there I was on holidays having too much fun, with nary a computer in sight....

Dear Blog Fans, all 4 of you.....(Well, 3 if I don´t count me).

We were on holidays in June, a few days in England and two weeks in Ireland.  We had the best of fun dancing in and out between the raindrops.  And avoiding the occasional storm winds.  I will resist the urge to give you the details of above mentioned holiday; one has been accused in the past of going on about the specifics of the 4th bowl of cornflakes on the twelfth day etc. I will try and focus instead on the holiday highlights which included: a wedding, a funeral, a private audience with a world class Irish dancer and some of her students, world champions hurlers in practice. Great pubbing, with music, meet-ups and the European Cup.  (Serious soccer stuff, to those few readers in the world not in the know on that).

And then there was the meeting of the cousins.  If I say so myself I have EXCELLENT taste in cousins, a most varied and interesting lot. In addition, we got to visit Ardmore, Dublin, Dinky Winky, the garden atop 99 Kensingston High Street, London among other places.  And something I am confident nobody but nobody reading this blog knows about: the beautiful mosaic of St. Patrick, St. Columba, and St. Brigid  - situated in a very high profile location in  the Palace of Westminster, a.k.a. the English House of Parliament.

 There will of be photographs. Of course!

Did I forget the sheep shearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment