Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving from Lake Konstanz, Germany!



Well there is nothing like a country walk the dav before to build up a good appetite for Thanksgiving.   We headed off to a little village in the Schwarzwald.


....Which happened to be not  too far from the home of Rothaus Bräü Bier, world famous in Germany and a few other places!


Which also happens to be not too far down the road from a decent sized and very beautiful basilica dedicated to St. Blaze.. in the wilds of the Schwarzwald.


Yes, a basilica, a beautiful basilica   - dedicated to St. Blaze, in the middle of nowhere - in the Schwarzwald....





















I was not exaggerating one little bit was I now.....   Right there in the middle of the boondocks in the Schwarzwald.





But, I digress.....  Today we are all about Thanksgiving.....





So here we have my co-cooks Anna Bella und Julia focus on dem Nachtisch - Pumkin Pie...

In fact that pumpkin pie recipe was very reason that Thanksgiving on Lake Konstanz came into being this year...



While die Mädles ( girls) were in the kitchen I was focusing on more enlightening matters.

( I know bad pun... but I can´t help myself.)







And of course the turkey - My job for the day....

















I was ably assisted in a sort of a fashion by himself...   But,  one must give himself 97.5 % for effort.

                          Mama, daughter and turkey!    Ahhhh.   One more time now... Ahhhh


      After all the good food and enjoy able chat, we finally remembered to take a group shot...







-----Before we ate the yummiest  pumpkin pie ever.



A sweet rose for Thanksgiving.










Imagine in the third week of November.  This is thanks to El Niño, and not global warming...

We understand a mild November due to El Niño will mean a cold winter.










A sweet, happy and safe Thanksgiving I wish you all. Where ever you may be.



.... Oh ho, I have just noticed this is my 100th published blog posting!  Happy Anniversary Blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment