Monday, August 31, 2020

Today is the First Day of the REST OF MY LIFE!

No, gentle reader, this is not a philosophical ´light bulb´moment reached after my having spent three hours/three weeks/three months pondering my navel.

Nor have I cleared off my credit card debt.  (There is  none to clear off. Thank God.)  Nor have I made a determined effort today to give up the cigarettes/booze/horses/dogs/toyboys 😲/tea 😲😲.…

While all of the aforementioned are excellent, noble - indeed courageous reasons, to make a given day the first day of the rest of one´s life, they do not apply to me.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life because today I gave up the day job! FOREVER.

Yes, today Monday 31st of August 2020 is the first day that I do not have to go to work here in Germany, and I NEVER have to have a permanent job again for the rest of my life! 

 YA HOOoooooooooooo

You see dear reader, I am soon to join the ranks of the ever enviable. Namely: The retired, who are still healthy, who have managed to save a few Euros and who have a long list of exciting, wonderful, fun adventurous life to do´s that they now have time to get done. And now, not only can they afford it all -  it is legal!  Well... mostly!

And let us all hope we may be blessed with the precious gift of health for a nice long time to enjoy doing things on that nice long exciting ´to do´ list!

Before I continue I will pause and enjoy this moment of awareness of my new status. 

.... Several minutes of navel pondering later:

I realize, there is not much to add  to this happy blog posting;  what can one say to one improve on all this happy!

Yes, there is one thing I can add:

Since I left work on Friday last, I have caught myself at least three times saying,´ oh I am glad I am free on Monday´. Then I pause and remember `Hey you have forgotten again; you are not just free on Monday - you do not have  to work ever again in a permanent job EVERYDAY - FOR   THE   REST   OF   YOUR   LIFE!

How cool is that then!

Above: Self waving to my dear friend and former co-worker Uli as I left work in Germany last Friday for the last time ..... 

Below: Uli calls out goodbye as I ride off on my little mofa into the future..... 

 (Danke liebe Uli; als ich Dich bei der Arbeit lachen hörte, war ich immer glücklich. Wir bleiben in Kontakt!)

YA HOOoooooooooooo x 10!

1 comment: