Saturday, January 30, 2021

A Sunny Winter Day Cycle... and if that is n´t enough for you ..... a Sunny Winter Day SWIM!

No, we did not go swimming. But on our New Year´s Day cycle we past a group who were! Known at the Weir Swimmers, they all go out and swim at different times of the day because of Covid.  

Hardy bunch!








And in fairness this lady is supported every time by her children and husband.  - Go back up team!

 

 

 

 After that we cycled out towards Jenkinstown Wood, turned left towards Tulla and Three Castles...



 

 


That´s when we saw the flood plains in earnest.


Looking most majestically flooded. - If you can say that.

 

 






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 












 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

And a grave yard I never knew about, even though I had been on the road to the grave yard several times over the years.






























 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 And how lovely is this! 

 

 This Celtic symbol on on the ground in the little church in the middle of the graveyard.


And these little houses next door to the grave yard ... how cute.  New Age I presume, and may have some connection to the Celtic design above.

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

 

....On to Tulla Church where my grandparents, on my father´s side, are buried.  

And where I intend to get myself and himself buried there if all works as planned.  (Still as my friend Evelyn X says: .....`Roe, YOU will have no say in this matter... you will be dead then!`)




A quite moment with holy Mary.... And
... then up the steep hill from Tulla Church to the top of the Dunningstown Road.  Grand view or what.

And then a nice spin down towards Kilkenny with grand views all the way.
 

 
 
For me, I can say  with gratitude: `Life is grand today.´ 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and interesting country to bike. And no snow! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete