Friday, February 19, 2021

My ´wild and exciting´January in the time of Covid.....

 Well dear blog readers.…

My last posting shows January started off great with a grand cycle - within our Covid area let me hasten to add.

Indeed one might have assumed Covid or no Covid, it was going to be a wild and exciting month Chez Hausfrau Róisín!

Well yes, there was that matter of sedition in the U.S. Capital on January 6th.  That was a big deal. But I won´t make any witticisms there as people died. RIP. And anyway that was a world issue - at least it was for those of us who fall for thinking that what happens in the Western World IS a world issue...

Alas the weather did not hold: Some days were fine with a bit of rain, some days were wet with a few dry spells.  And then there were days where we got to dry out before the next shower came!

But it was not freezing now in fairness; however all told it was better to stay close to home as the weather was likely to turn…

So back to what proved to be a  somewhat less than wild and exciting January…

Well I got THREE washes out! Ja! Oh joy….


 

Then the house got clean… FOUR TIMES in the one month.  FOUR times!  IN ONE MONTH!*

Yes,  I did give myself mega brownie points for that! 



Then the house got clean… FOUR TIMES in the one month.  FOUR times!  IN ONE MONTH!  (Oh I think I said that already! 😃)

AND there were flowers put in a vase too.   (Full disclosure: Romeo H. went off and bought the aforementioned flowers which self put in the vase; I suppose that means I get a 1/4 brownie point only).

* Ahem.  A person ´close to this blog´ suggests the house did not get cleaned four times in January.   The aforementioned person suggested the house got cleaned ... twice.

-Well it felt like four times to me!

And then there was the lovely snow days....




 

Joining the brave Weir river swimmers was one Romeo H... 

Fair dues... I had to go home and have a cup of tea just watching all that cold!

In the course of the month ET´s less than pretty cousin paid a call too, covered in snow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next January adventure was all about getting down and dirty... more about that wild excitement in the next blog posting.

To end the month another cycle.  Less views and more adventure this time however, as many roads were impassable as a result of the recent flooding.  Still it was fun.... and there were signs of spring to be seen, by way of some daffodils already in bloom.  - And that is no load´a rubbish! ...




This bullock took and interest in my attempts to cycle through the flooded roads.  Happily self and bike did get home without major soakings.

Oh I can´t wait to see what adventures February holds! 

Stay safe and within your 5Km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment