Friday, July 16, 2021

Happy Birthday America from a Man in a Village in Bangladesh

No I am not late with my 4th of July celebrations blog posting.   I just wanted to check in with myself to see if I choose to celebrate the day the was in it at all.

Last year, I did not feel at all inclined to acknowledge the U.S. birthday.   But with the Biden-Harris Administration at the helm this year; I feel more ready to celebrate.

The United States of America is far from perfect; imperfect and relatively speaking quiet a new country.  But at 219 years it is the oldest democracy in the world, and for that we can give it credit. https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-the-worlds-oldest-democracies/.

So for all its faults and failings let us celebrate.   I thought the way I would like to do that is with a nod from a man in Bangladesh to America.   And to the kind Americans he has encountered on the internet; Americans who have much widened his world and his view of it. 

See link below to the CSM to this happy three minute read.  

 https://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/2021/0702/Happy-birthday-America-from-a-village-in-Bangladesh?cmpid=ema:mkt:20210706&src=highlight

And another thing America does well.  - Celebrations.  - Especially BIG celebrations.

See below two videos of the fireworks celebrations for the 4th of July celebrations outside my former apartment building in New York.  

 



Yep!  The United States of America does ´big´very well.

Fair dues to them!

Happy 4th of July America! - Nachträglich - (after the event).

1 comment:

  1. We were certainly in the midst of it come July 4th! One of the many extraordinary experiences of our lives in that community. The nod from the man in Bangladesh reminded me of the many good and great in our country, the generous and compassionate -- we still need heavy doses of this as our challenges continue.

    ReplyDelete