Friday, May 28, 2021

Eurovision!

 A short postie this month on the Eurovision Song Contest last weekend. 

I enjoyed it! 

The songs were so diverse, from hard rock to soft rock to ethnic/folk to ´typical bland normal Eurovision-y fare´.  Indeed I had a load of admin projects on hand to attend to during the show.  But nothing got done, I watched the whole show.  And Romeo H too! 

I enjoy learning what different countries presented at a reflection of their taste.... though I did note some of the female singers representing countries who go  in for a lot of female cover-up, were attired in ´somewhat less cover-up´ than may have been seen on their streets at home!!

Well done to Rotterdam, the coverage had a good tempo and a nice flow to it. The four announcers did a fine job; for the most part they spoke in English, some might say the presentation was bland, but in fairness they were presenting to 250 million viewers who spoke dozens of different languages.  

In addition the organisers were very creative in how they introduced the artists to us the viewers; for example the little computerized huts showing items relevant to each country´s singer or their song.   

And the logistics!  When one considers just of the challenge of staging of the event with Covid restrictions to deal with.  And not just that, but to safely accommodate all the guests in the city for the Eurovision etc etc. 

I think one could safely say all the fun, frolics and fluff that is the Eurovision has achieved its aim of some 65 years ago, which was to bring together and celebrate a diverse Europe.  Wonderful stuff. Just wonderful!  

That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it! 

Note: To my non-European blog readers, see link to Eurovision coverage.

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/songs-videos

P.S. I voted for Belgium: In the Wrong Place.


No comments:

Post a Comment